IITM - India’s Most Productive Travel-Marketplace
Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions has organized the 'India International Travel Mart' (IITM) in Bengaluru from the 28 – 30 July 2023 at the Tripura Vasini Hall, Palace Grounds.
The travel mart was inaugurated by Hon’ble Minister for Tourism, Parliament Affairs and Law, Govt. of Karnataka, Shri HK Patil in the presence of, Smt. Rakhee Gupta Bhandari, IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of Tourism & Cultural Affairs, Govt. of Punjab, Shri. Anil Kumar Sahu, IFS Managing Director, Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Shri. Nanda Kishore, IFS Managing Director, Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation, Shri. Manoj Kumar, IFS, Managing Director, Jungle Lodges and Resorts and Mysore Sales International Limited, Shri. K Syamaraju, President, South India Hotel & Restaurant Association and Karnataka Tourism Society and other travel industry veterans.
Shri HK Patil, Hon’ble Minister for Tourism, Parliament Affairs and Law, Govt. of Karnataka, speaking at the Inauguration of ‘India International Travel Mart’ (IITM) which facilitated interaction between the tourism industry and corporate buyers, customers, and travel traders, said that the platform presented an opportunity to showcase Karnataka as a premier travel destination.
He further said that, "Thursday marked a significant milestone with the first meeting of the empowered committee of tourism where travel proposals worth ₹300 crore investment were cleared. This fuels job opportunities for the underprivileged,”
IITM is India's premier trade exhibition that brings travel, tourism, hospitality, leisure and other related industries under a roof. It is aimed at bringing the industry, face-to-face with the travel trade, corporate buyers and the end-customers. The event saw the participation of travel agents and tour operators, DMC, hotels and resorts, national tourism offices, technology platforms, online travel portals, etc.
It is a proud moment for Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions as it completes twenty-three years of providing the travel–trade industry and discerning buyers an opportunity to do business.
With over 400 exhibitors from various travel-trade organizations and tourism boards from 20 Indian states and 15 international destinations, IITM showcased a variety of spheres such as pilgrimages, adventures, culture and heritage, beaches, Wildlife, hill-stations and many more. The event offered a range of holiday options right from pursuing the One Horned Indian Rhinoceros to the desert festivals of Rajasthan to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Karnataka. The range of diverse and exciting destinations on display added tremendous value to the holiday-seeking plans.
The event is of immense importance to the tourism industry and which promoted tourist destinations of Karnataka by showcasing aspects of the tourism industry such as archaeology, culture and heritage of Karnataka. The event provided a be big boost to the promotion of the up-coming Mysuru Dasara Festival.
India’s Most Productive Travel-Marketplace – For those in the travel and hospitality industry, the ‘India International Travel Mart’ offers unparalleled networking opportunity to add more to their holiday portfolio. It is a unique opportunity for the travel trade to meet, network, negotiate and conduct business. The event is aimed at bringing the industry, face-to-face with the travel trade, corporate buyers as well as the end-customer with requisite purchasing power.
Unveils the world of Responsible Tourism: As the world embraces sustainable practices, IITM takes strides to promote responsible tourism and wellness. The exhibition highlights eco-friendly initiatives, community-based tourism projects, and conservation efforts to protect India's natural and cultural heritage. It encourages travelers to tread lightly and leave a positive footprint on the destinations they visit.
Participants from 22 Indian States: Karnataka, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Kerala, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jammu & Kashmir, Puducherry, Andaman, Odisha, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Telangana, Jharkhand, West Bengal, etc.
International Participants representing over 15 Countries: Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, UK, Nepal, Dubai, Turkey, Singapore, Bhutan, Indonesia, Maldives, etc.
Sphere TravelMedia Director Rohit Hangal said “With the present ongoing recovery of tourism and with International Arrivals in India on a slower growth, ‘India International Travel Mart’ is the right event to provide an impetus to the Indian domestic tourism industry. The tourism stakeholders from the states of Karnataka, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh many more destinations will be seen aggressively marketing their products. The event will be the perfect platform for those looking for packages across different genres, from religious travel, adventure, family holidays and honeymoons or even those, who are looking for conference destinations for their companies”.
Sphere TravelMedia Director Sanjay Hakhu added: “As we recover from the pandemic to get back into business mode, India has emerged as one of the most interesting and productive countries for the travel industry both for leisure and business travel. The visitor profile is on a B2B & B2C format and will have over ten-thousand visitors over three days. Post the pandemic and with international destinations opening up to receive Indian guests, the event will see travel companies offering attractive packages to holiday hotspots around the world!”
- Biggest variety of Holiday Packages of over 1000 destinations in India and abroad.
- This year, find more than 22 Indian tourism destinations participating making it one of the highlights of your search for that perfect holiday! country.
- ‘Tourism Malaysia’ is the Partner Country at IITM Bangalore, while ‘Air India is the ‘Partner Airline’ this year.’
- Karnataka is the Host State for the event. The Host State of Karnataka showcased the best of its destinations, that have captured the imagination of holidaymakers from around the world, with its UNESCO World Heritage sites, Monsoon destinations, Wildlife, Heritage, Adventure and more
- Kerala Tourism, Maharashtra Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism and Uttar Pradesh Tourism are the Partner States
- View ‘Incredible India’ with all its amazing hues and peerless vibrancy.
- A once-a-year opportunity for travel agents and tour operators to reach out to partners from more than 15 International destinations and over 25 Indian states.
- Add more to your travel portfolio.
- International Participants representing over 15 Countries: Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, UK, Nepal, Dubai, Turkey, Singapore, Bhutan, Indonesia, Maldives, etc.
- Adventure – International Destinations – Visas – Pilgrimage – Cultural pursuits – Wildlife – Conference – Wedding Destinations – pure joy!
- Perfectly timed to target Dasara and upcoming Winter Holidays
- The Visitor Profile is on a B2B & B2C format.
- Entry is free